Home > catching up

catching up

February 5th, 2014 at 05:15 am

Hola - Been a little while.

My first meeting as president of the condo board went alright. Mostly because I kept us on task. I can tell I'm going to have to be patient with an owner or two who will "sing the song of their people" over and over. Same tune too. The other big task is getting used to my gmail account and the condo board's gmail account.

Tomorrow is the Seahawk parade and even in this, the HR department is torquing me off with a unique ability of taking something simple and heartfelt and stomping the spontaniety out of it. Our HR will let us go but strongly "encourage" us (encourage with an underline in the email) to wear our t-shirts with our logos. Wrong on so many levels:

1.) This is a Seahawk thing, not an us thing (you might remember that I work for an non-profit with a Way at the end.) celebrating the Seahawks.

2.) Its lunch hour. Are you going to tell us when to eat also?

2.) its going to be 20F. Even me from Wisconsin, ain't no way I'm going to standing out there with just a t-shirt. Not with our health insurance. I'm layering and wearing a coat and that coat will be closed.

5 Responses to “catching up”

  1. snafu Says:

    Congratulations to Seahawks and their fans. Hopefully al those who go to the parade to celebrate will just ignore HR's faux pax and forgive their desire for attention.

    Terrific to be able to stay on task as Condo President, look forward to learning about your experiences.

  2. rob62521 Says:

    Had to chuckle over Number 3...20 is cold! Brrr!

  3. PauletteGoddard Says:

    How was the bus commute today? Did you bring a book?
    Surely 700,000 people crowded over a few city blocks would raise the temperature some.

  4. scfr Says:

    Perhaps you could wear the shirt on your head? Big Grin

  5. baselle Says:

    @Paulette - Nightmare. I watched as a 312 and a 522 went by. I figured that a 41 would work because 125th is its third stop. It came and I barely got a seat. That tells you how quickly it packed up even after two stops. Reminded me of rush hour in Buenos Aires. Then considering the bus plied heavy traffic, I considered it lucky that we were only about 20 minutes late. Then it was a chore to try and find a cup of coffee near the office that didn't come with a line 50 deep.

    I did check out the parade, bundling up completely and snickered a little. A lot of people had bare heads, bare hands, etc. Looks like the very last big line next week is going to be at the cold and flu aisle at Bartells. Big Grin
    FYI - chatted tonight with one of the other owners who happens to work for the City of Seattle. It turns out that the attendance numbers given to the press are always an under-estimate. The internal estimates top 1M.

Leave a Reply

(Note: If you were logged in, we could automatically fill in these fields for you.)
Will not be published.

* Please spell out the number 4.  [ Why? ]

vB Code: You can use these tags: [b] [i] [u] [url] [email]